Krill Oil Supplier Attracts 5 Leading Scientists
October 15 – Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. installed a Scientific Advisory Board with five scientists. The maker of krill oil feels that their scientific support will help the growth of the krill oil sales. “Neptune feels privileged to build its new Scientific Advisory Board with a group of such distinguished scientists”, the krill oil supplier said today.
The scientists are:
- Steven E. Nissen, M.D., MACC, is the Chairman of the Cleveland Clinic Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, and Immediate Past President, American College of Cardiology, Washington, DC. He previously served as the Medical Director of the Clinic’s Cardiovascular Coordinating Center.
- Magdy M. Abdel-Malik, Ph.D., is the president of Quaestio Global Partners LLC, as the Director, Global External Opportunities, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Morris Plains, NJ. Dr. Abdel-Malik identified and secured external products and technologies achieving above-market growth for the $4B Pfizer Consumer Healthcare business.
- Thomas G. Hartman, Ph.D. has served for the past 22 years as Mass Spectrometry Lab Manager at the Rutgers University Center for Advanced Food Technology (CAFT). Dr. Hartman has served as an analytical and technical consultant to over 250 companies and many government agencies. He is a member of the American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS), American Chemical Society (ACS) and the Agricultural and Food Chemistry Division, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and Institute of Food Technologists (IFT).
- Demian Barbas B.Sc., Ph.D., has particular expertise in biochemistry, biotechnology, intellectual property law and patents in life sciences. Dr. Barbas is currently practising at Ogilvy Renault LLP/S.E.N.C.R.L., s.r.l., and is a member of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) and an affiliate of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC).
- Melvin Dionne B.Sc. Pharm., has been the president of Services Pharmaceutiques Melvin Dionne Inc since 1999. He has a strong background in regulatory affairs and quality control in the pharmaceutical industry, with particular expertise in pharmaceutical company compliance with Health Canada and FDA regulations for product and site licensing.
“I feel extremely honored to be working with such an eminent group of scientists and profiting from their guidance and valuable advice while developing and building our product pipeline and growing in the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical worlds” said Dr. Tina Sampalis, Vice-President Research and Business Development of Neptune.
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources, Inc., located in Laval, Canada, is the maker of NKO Antarctic krill oil, an omega-3 extract in phospholipid form, extracted from pure Antarctic krill Euphausia superba. The krill oil benefits of this omega 3 phospholipid krill oil supplement versus fish oil are claimed to include krill oil & arthritis, krill oil & PMS, krill oil & adhd, and krill oil & cardio heart health, including krill oil & cholesterol.